Ethical hackers demand is increasing day by day as they protect the computer systems from dangerous intrusions. An ethical hacker attempts to bypass system security and search for any weak points that could be exploited by malicious hackers and their output can be used by any organization to improve the system security and to minimize any potential attacks.
To be a professional ethical hacker, a person should have to concentrate on the below issues:
- Examine the fundamental requirements to become an ethical hacker.
- Learn about different types of hackers, such as White Hat, Grey Hat and Black Hat hackers.
- Choose the area where anybody would want to work primarily with hardware or software.
- Create some programming interests such as C, C++, Python or Java, assess strengths and gain strong control on these.
- Learn about different operating systems specially UNIX operating system as well as Windows and Mac OS.
- Start exploring different ways regarding hardware and software to figure out how to take control of the situations and how to keep a PC from getting hacked.
- Stay connected to the hacker community by sharing technical information and ideas.
- Do a professional course (CEH, Security+, CISSP, CISSO), earn certificates and standout from the crowd.
- Practical experience of the real world (Ethical Hacking regarding information security) would be a good advantage for the ethical hackers.
- Finally read, read and learn about the latest threads and upcoming threads from books or online or from different security blogs.