- Enable ‘alerts’ (SMS/ email) & other security measures for online banking account login as well as any sort of transactions.
- Don’t use the same login ID/password for other websites or software. Use separate and unique ID as well as complex password for online banking account.
- Change account password on frequent basis and never share your password with anyone. Even don’t write the password anywhere else.
- Ensure the web site address starts with https:// (for proper encryption of the sensitive data).
- Be suspicious of unknown emails & text messages from the financial institutions or from any unknown sources. Do not click on any link in the email. Do not registrar any online forum, social network sites using your official email address.
- Never save your login name or passwords into the web browsers.
- Don’t access bank account from a public computer (cyber café or public computer lab) or from unprotected device (mobile/POD without antivirus protection).
- Properly log out from all logged in accounts after finishing the tasks.
- Do not post personal information or secret questions answer on the internet (like as: date of birth, mother’s maiden name, sibling or parent’s full name etc). As these are the answers to many security questions and can provide valuable information for a cyber-criminal.
There are many steps that consumers and end users can take to protect themselves. Few recommendations about security tips and tricks for the consumers are given below:
Secure yourself at first: Security and awareness should come from the end users at first. During the using of internet end user should have to check that antivirus have installed and updated properly in their local machine. They also make sure that their Local PC’s firewall settings, browser cookies settings are in active state.
Think before you click: Before clicking any email attachment at first make sure that this email and attachment has come from the right sources. Opening the wrong attachment can introduce malware into the system as well as infected the system. In that case, unless trusting the sender, never view or open any email attachments.
Provide shield in your own data: It is need to be careful during provide the personal data (login information, birth date, pet names etc.) in online especially any social network site or professional networking sites or any e-commerce site. The information that share online puts the end users at risk for social engineering attacks.
Always use strong passwords: Always use strong and unique passwords for any accounts. Password shall be combination of at least three of stated criteria like uppercase, lowercase, special characters and numbers. It is necessary to change passwords in a frequent manner like every three months and obviously never reuse the passwords.
Never install free ware version software: Versions of software that claim to be free, cracked or pirated can expose the end users to malware. So, need to be careful in that case.
Ethical hackers demand is increasing day by day as they protect the computer systems from dangerous intrusions. An ethical hacker attempts to bypass system security and search for any weak points that could be exploited by malicious hackers and their output can be used by any organization to improve the system security and to minimize any potential attacks.
To be a professional ethical hacker, a person should have to concentrate on the below issues:
- Examine the fundamental requirements to become an ethical hacker.
- Learn about different types of hackers, such as White Hat, Grey Hat and Black Hat hackers.
- Choose the area where anybody would want to work primarily with hardware or software.
- Create some programming interests such as C, C++, Python or Java, assess strengths and gain strong control on these.
- Learn about different operating systems specially UNIX operating system as well as Windows and Mac OS.
- Start exploring different ways regarding hardware and software to figure out how to take control of the situations and how to keep a PC from getting hacked.
- Stay connected to the hacker community by sharing technical information and ideas.
- Do a professional course (CEH, Security+, CISSP, CISSO), earn certificates and standout from the crowd.
- Practical experience of the real world (Ethical Hacking regarding information security) would be a good advantage for the ethical hackers.
- Finally read, read and learn about the latest threads and upcoming threads from books or online or from different security blogs.
The Internet of Things is advancing the future of business, bringing new capabilities and efficiencies to companies. Security is a core requirement for manufacturers, engineers, administration suppliers and other people who deliver and utilize associated devices. Most of these – especially those used on the “Internet of Things” – rely on a complex web of embedded systems. Securing these frameworks is a noteworthy test, yet inability to do as such can bring about disastrous results.
Every organization should take the following steps to secure their IoT system:
- Assess the risk with approved risk management procedure.
- Take necessary measures to secure both information and devices.
- Need to align both organization and governance for IoT ecosystem.
- Organization should define and align with legal and regulatory issues regarding this.
Following steps shows how to add custom signature to Google Inbox account.
- Navigate to the “Settings” button on the left navigation bar with Google Inbox account.
- Click on the “Signature” link.
- Switch to “On” in the signature settings.
- Type custom signature within the text field.
- Verify the signature before pressing the “Done” button to save your signature.
Cyber-criminals are broadening their nets to focus on an assortment of gadgets and stages. When new devices are completely unprotected, they can be very vulnerable to malware infections or social engineering scams that can steal personal information.
- Antivirus software is vital yet it is should have been mindful of fake antivirus software. Ensure; dependably buy the security software from a trustworthy seller. Security software ought to incorporate at any rate: continuous hostile to infection, a two-way firewall, against spyware, against phishing and safe inquiry abilities.
- Protection of data from theft/loss is the first priority. In case of buy any product or device always consider a product that offers data backup and restore features as well as advanced security that allows locating a missing device and remotely locking that device in case of loss or theft.
- Awareness should come from personal end. Need to educate family members and pay attention to children’s online activities. It is necessary to discuss with the family members including children’s which information is appropriate to share online and which is not, such as addresses, phone numbers, and other private information.
- It is recommended always download apps from a reputable app store. Third-party applications can be malicious and need to be careful to download any apps.
- Backing up of personal handheld devices like; mobile, laptop, Tab etc. is necessary to protect the confidential data.
- In case of removable storage device, such as a flash drive or portable hard drive, always use encrypted USB stick or protected portable hard drive to protect the sensitive data if the device lost or stolen