Good Ethical Hacker – How to be
Ethical hackers demand is increasing day by day as they protect the computer systems from dangerous intrusions. An ethical hacker attempts to bypass system security and search for any weak points that could be exploited by malicious hackers and their output can be used by any organization to improve the system security and to minimize any potential attacks.
To be a professional ethical hacker, a person should have to concentrate on the below issues:
- Examine the fundamental requirements to become an ethical hacker.
- Learn about different types of hackers, such as White Hat, Grey Hat and Black Hat hackers.
- Choose the area where anybody would want to work primarily with hardware or software.
- Create some programming interests such as C, C++, Python or Java, assess strengths and gain strong control on these.
- Learn about different operating systems specially UNIX operating system as well as Windows and Mac OS.
- Start exploring different ways regarding hardware and software to figure out how to take control of the situations and how to keep a PC from getting hacked.
- Stay connected to the hacker community by sharing technical information and ideas.
- Do a professional course (CEH, Security+, CISSP, CISSO), earn certificates and standout from the crowd.
- Practical experience of the real world (Ethical Hacking regarding information security) would be a good advantage for the ethical hackers.
- Finally read, read and learn about the latest threads and upcoming threads from books or online or from different security blogs.
How to Hack a website with basic HTML coding
The following steps show the easy method to hack simple and less-secured websites simply through HTML.
- Open the target website. Provide wrong username and wrong password combination in its log in form. (such as: Username: me and Password: ‘ or 1=1 –). An error will occur saying wrong username and wrong password. This is the target information or this is the page that hackers always target to get necessary idea.
- Right click anywhere on that error page =>> click to view source.
- Have a close look for “<_input name=”password” type=”password”>” and then replace “<_type=password>” with “<_type=text>“. Make sure maximum length of password is equivalent to 11.
- Go to file => save as and save it anywhere in the hard disk with ext.html (e.g.: c:\admin.html).
- Reopen the target web page by double clicking ‘admin.html’ file that saved in the hard disk earlier. Few changes in current page can see as compared to original One.
- Input any username [e.g.: hacker] and password [e.g.:’ or 1=1 –]. In that case, anybody can successfully access and cracked the above website and entered into the account of List user saved in the server’s database
How to bypass an Internet filter with Tor
- Tor (original software project name is The Onion Router) is free software for enabling anonymous communication. Through Tor browser bundle it is possible to bypass any internet filter or internet firewall. Below steps shows how to install and configure Tor browser in the local machine and surf internet bypassing the internet filter.
- At first install any browser (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome browser) in the local machine.
- Go the Tor Project Website and download and extract the Tor Browser Bundle into the local computer. Download the different OS version as per the user requirement; either Windows or Linux.
- After that, Download and install the Tor Browser in the local machine. If the version works successfully in the machine, then launch the Tor Bundle and check whether browser shows it is connected via the Tor network. If yes, then job done successfully otherwise need to check whether internal firewall rules stop Tor browser to works. If Tor works successfully then after user may re-check this by going to about:tor or torproject.org.
- Now insert an USB drive into the local computer. Then, copy the Tor Browser folder (which either be installed in the desktop or elsewhere user saved it in step 2) and paste it into the USB drive.
- Now take the USB drive in the desired location; like public internet space, library, internet cafe etc. Plug in the USB drive and open it up. Double-click the “Start Tor Browser”-icon and wait for the Tor Browser to start.
- If the browser starts as normal and displays the same text as it did in step 3, then it can concluded that, user now connected through Tor and ready to browse any website as necessity by bypassing internet filter. Before proceeding this, user’s should have to know whether they are breaking any rules by bypassing the internet filter. Bypassing an internet filter may be against the policy of organization owns the computer/router/internet connection they are using.